Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sixth Grade Teacher "and the City"

So Thursday night I entered a Sex and the City look alike contest as Charlotte....I've been told I resemble Kristin Davis and thought "what the heck," I have the clothes and I'm on vacation. So I entered and drug my friend Kristin N. with me. We got there and it was hilarious. People were dressed up, KOMO 4 and KING 5 News were there with TV cameras... and I was lookin' like Charlotte. And then, my friend, Kristin, the 6th grade teacher who has never seen an episode in her life...Kristin who just got off work and came for moral support (I have great friends!) Kristin, who has great hair... got pulled out of the crowd by the judges and won 4th place as Carrie! No, I didn't win, but the night was hilarious. My friend had to stand on the stage, mortified, and pretend to know something about the show. She even ended up on the News for her 6th Grade students to see! No, she looks nothing like Sarah Jessica Parker... but I think that incredible hair of her's (which looks nothing like SJP's) did the trick. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Again, I have such great friends (see Kristin below...she's the one on the left - the other one is Amy. Sorry boys, she's taken!!!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You were robbed.

Tammie said...

that made me laugh :)

Want to come for dinner soon?

CunninghamRules!! said...

LOL!! I can totally see that happening to her, poor girl! Just tell her I...ahem... have "never" seen an episode either, and I definately didn't go with a friend of mine to see the movie in the theatre either:-)

Amelia said...

You have been tagged. Check out my blog.

R.A. said...

I saw your link on Rachel Ann's blog and had to click on it...my Mom's name is Jenette Marie. She spells it the way you spell it. I think you're the only two in the world...